Unemployment Compensation Filing Tips
Authored By: Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, Inc.
- Social Security Number/Drivers License
- Name/address/phone/fax of most recent employer
- Reason for unemployment
- First/last date of employment
- Recent military members need their DD-214
If you must file by phone, call 1-888-313-7284
If your Social Security number ends in an:
- Even Number: Call on Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday.
- Odd number: Call on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and
Sunday: 9:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m.
The best time to call is later in the week, and late in the day. Calling for initial claim later in the week will not delay your benefits.
After filing, you will receive information in the mail. Check your initial claim status at www.dli.state.pa.us.
After filing your initial claim, file your biweekly, or "continued," claim online at www.dli.state.pa.us, or through the PA Teleclaims system at 1-888-255-4728, Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
For more information go to:www.dli.state.pa.us.