TIME-LIMITED MARIJUANA PARDON PROJECT
Program Ends September 30
On September 1, 2022, the Governor, Lt. Governor and Board of Pardons announced a special 30-day-only program for people whose ONLY crime EVER was the possession of small amounts of marijuana – no other convictions ever in any state or the federal laws.
The ONLY crimes covered are:
- Possession of Marijuana (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31)
- Marijuana, Small Amount Personal Use (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31I)
IF YOU QUALIFY, there is a short-form application that is ONLY AVAILABLE ON-LINE.
KEYSTONE LOGIN Required
To get to the Pardon application, you need to create a Keystone Login, a special ID from Pennsylvania, if you do not already have one. To set up a Keystone Login visit this website.
To set up a Keystone Login, you will need to:
- Answer some questions
- Have an email address or cell phone – and be able to check it right away, since it sends you a code
- Choose a “username” – this can be your namewithoutanyspaces or anything else 12 or more letters long
- Choose a “password” – which has to be at least 8 letters-or-numbers long and have at least 3 of these 4 things:
- One uppercase letter.
- One lowercase letter.
- One numeric number.
- One non-character (such as !,#,%,^, etc).
BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION. You should write down both your Username and Password and keep them in a safe place that is handy to access.
To apply for the pardon, you will need a couple of things about your conviction(s) that you SHOULD be able to get online:
- The Court Term and Number
- The County where you got convicted
- The “OTN” (Offense Tracking Number)
Click here to go to the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania Web Portal where you can find this information.
To search for the information you need follow these steps:
- For “search by” select “Participant Name” from the drop-down list
- Fill in Last Name, First Name, Date of Birth
- Under “Docket type” Select “Criminal” from the drop-down list
Your record should come up then. Click on the image to the right that looks like a building. That’s your court summary. The three pieces of information you need should be on this summary.
If you cannot find your criminal record online: email the Board of Pardons at email@example.com, tell them you cannot find your Docket Number or OTN, and ask them what you are supposed to do next.
Once you register for a Keystone ID and find your conviction details, you are ready to apply for your pardon at https://mjpardon.pa.gov/.
Detailed information about the PA Marijuana Pardon Project is available in this Guide.
To read the press release on the PA Marijuana Pardon Process, click here.
Original content from Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity