Free Expungement / Clean Slate Workshops in Chester County
Authored By: Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA, United Way of Chester County and PA CareerLink, Chester County will be holding a series of Free Expungement/Clean Slate Workshops from July through September explaining how to clear your criminal record. The clinics will be held on:
- Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
- Monday, August 12, 2019 - 1:30 PM-3:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The events will be held at:
PA CareerLink Chester County, 479 Thomas Jones Way, Exton, PA 1934
Pennsylvania’s expungement and Clean Slate laws allow some criminal records to be expunged (removed) or sealed (taken out of public view) so they cannot be used as barriers to employment, housing, etc.
A Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania attorney will provide information about the laws, then will help you screen your Pennsylvania record for FREE and tell you whether or not and how you can clear it.
You will learn:
- What is on your record in Pennsylvania
- Whether or not it can be expunged or sealed
- How to get help clearing your record
To register for workshops through PA CareerLink®:
Log on to your PA CareerLink® account at: https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/ using your keystone ID and Password;
If you do not have an account, select the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page to create a PA CareerLink® account.
- Select ‘Events’ from the blue navigation bar near the top of the screen.
- From the drop down menu, Choose ‘Search Events’.
- To narrow your search for Chester County events, Select ‘Chester’ from the County List in the menu next to the calendar.
- Navigate through the calendar and select the workshop you want to register for by clicking on the workshop.
- A black pop-up box will appear and provide you a short summary of the workshop.
- If interested in registering for this workshop, select the ‘Register’ button.
- You have successfully registered for the workshop!
- To view all workshops/events that you have registered for, Select ‘Events’ from the blue navigation bar near the top of the screen and Select ‘My Calendar’.