Fayette County Law Library
Fayette County, Pennsylvania
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Fayette County Law Library is closed for all national holidays.
Fayette County Courthouse
61 East Main Street
Uniontown, PA 15401
Eligibility requirements and/or fees
Open to the general public.
The Fayette County Law Library contains Pennsylvania statutes, federal laws, case law reporters, digests, treatises on law, form books and law sources. To complement these books, selected legal online databases and CD-ROMs are available. The online resources include: Westlaw, LexisNexis, Loislaw, and the Jenkins Law Library.
The Law Library’s archives include a variety of titles other than law, including a rare books collection and local history books on Fayette County.
Photocopies from library materials cost $.25 per page.
Fax service is available at the following cost - $1.00 per page for 1 through 5 pages, and $.25 per page thereafter. Fees are adjusted to cover long distance rates when necessary.
Computer printer copies cost $.25 per page.
WHAT THE LIBRARY DO:
- Direct you to sources of information on a specific subject.
- Instruct you in the usage of resource materials.
- Instruct you in finding specific statutes, case law and other legal references.
- Make referrals to agencies.
WHAT THE LIBRARY CANNOT DO:
- Give legal advice or opinions on legal issues.
- Interpret statutes, cases or regulations.
- Choose or recommend language for use on any form or other legal document.
- Select or assist in filling out forms or other legal documents.
- Recommend an attorney.
The Fayette County Law Library is operated in conformity with rules of the Court of Common Pleas of the judicial district embracing Fayette County and is open to the general public.