Community Legal Services’ Family Advocacy Hotline: Free Advice for Parents Involved with the Child Welfare System
Authored By: Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
- Are you being investigated by Philadelphia DHS (Department of Human Services)?
- Are you receiving DHS or CUA (Community Umbrella Agency) services?
- Are you unsure about your rights or how to proceed?
The Family Advocacy Hotline offers confidential information, advice and referrals for parents involved with DHS or the CUAs.
What We Can Do:
- Meet with you and review your legal rights and responsibilities
- Help you understand the DHS/CUA process
- Refer you to other places that may be able to help
- Evaluate whether we can represent you in dependency court or in your DHS investigation
- Give you contact information for your attorney, if you already have one
What We Can’t Do:
- If you already have an attorney, we cannot offer advice or representation
- If we have a conflict of interest, we may not be able to help
How to Get Help:
- By Phone: Call the Family Advocacy Hotline at (215) 981-3765, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- In Person: Walk-Ins Accepted Monday-Friday, 9am-12pm at 1424 Chestnut Street