Child Support and Alimony - How to Start Child Support or Alimony Payments

Authored By: Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Federal law authorizes the pay of active, reserve, and retired members of the military and the pay of civilian employees of the Federal government to be garnished (or attached) for the payment of child and/or spousal support. This provides information about the process and location for getting a garnishment or wage attachment against any member of the military or any civilian employee of the Department of Defense (DOD).

Last Review and Update: Mar 09, 2023
Back to top