Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Norristown)
Who We Are
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA provides free civil legal services to low-income person and victims of domestic abuse. The types of cases LASP handles include: public and private housing, consumer issues, bankruptcy, protection from abuse, custody, welfare, social security, unemployment compensation and elder law.
Who We Serve
- Montgomery County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
1. They will need to know your household income: Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s services are FREE. They determine your financial eligibility for legal services based on the income information of EVERY person in the household, using the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. They will need to know what type of issue you have: They handle a wide variety of types of civil cases, but they may have to refer you elsewhere if you want help with those areas that they do not handle. For example, they do not handle criminal cases, personal injury lawsuits, or traffic court matters.
3. They will ask you your immigration/citizenship status: United States citizens, lawful permanent residents, victims of abuse and trafficking, and certain other categories of immigrants are eligible for their services. Your immigration status is kept confidential. Please note that they do not handle immigration matters.
4. Conflicts: They cannot represent anyone who may have conflicting interests with a present or former client of theirs. If you know or think that anyone in LASP has talked to the opposing party in your legal matter, do not apply online. Call their helpline for other resources.
You may call the toll free helpline at 877-429-5994, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. In addition, you may copy and paste the following link to apply online: https://laspoi.legalserver.org/modules/matter/extern_intake.php?pid=129&h=daa817&