Skip to main content

Immigrant Issues and Rights

Legal Information > Information from Government Agencies

Click on a resource category listed below to see information related to that category.

Battered Spouse, Children & Parents - Immigrant Visa Petitions

As a battered spouse, child or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This page provides informaton on that process.

Do You Need a Court Interpreter? (Video)

This video from the PA Courts explains how to request a court interpreter; what to expect; how to communicate with court staff outside the courtroom; and who is qualified to be a court interpreter.

Green Card Eligibility Categories

In order to apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the categories listed on this page. Once you find the category that may fit your situation, click on the link provided to get information on eligibility requirements, how to apply, and whether your family members can also apply with you.

Immigration Options for Victims of Crimes

This brochure from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services provides information for Law Enforcement, Healthcare Providers, and Others about legal remedies available to victims of certain crimes. [PDF] (February 2010)

Questions and Answers: Victims of Human Trafficking, T Nonimmigrant Status

T nonimmigrant status (T visa) is available to noncitizens who are or have been victims of a severe form of trafficking in persons and assist law enforcement in the detection, investigation, or prosecution of acts of trafficking.  This provides Questions and Answers pertaining to T nonimmigrant status from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Resources for Victims of Human Trafficking & Other Crimes

Information on resources for victims of human trafficking and other crimes and the organizations that serve them from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Victims of Criminal Activity: U Nonimmigrant Status

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. This provides information from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on U nonimmigrant status.

Victims of Human Trafficking & Other Crimes

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) helps protect victims of human trafficking and other crimes by providing immigration relief. Human trafficking, also known as trafficking in persons, is a form of modern-day slavery in which traffickers lure individuals with false promises of employment and a better life. This provides information on the kind of help available from USCIS. For more information please call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888.

Back to top